CES 2014 is well underway and that means Microsoft and partners have announced a new variety of Windows platform devices coming this year. With tablets sales showing no sign of slowing down, Windows partners have decided to launch several Windows 8.1 Intel-based devices into the market. Now let’s have a quick look at what’s coming:
Panasonic is introducing the newest small Windows ruggedized tablet, the 7” Toughpad designed for the enterprise market. Here are some specs for the Toughpad FZ-M1:
- Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
- Processor: 4th generation Intel Core i5 vPro
- Durability rating: MIL-STD-810G, 5’ drop, IP65 fully sealed fanless design
- Screen: 7” daylight-readable 1200 x 800 10-point multi-touch, optional stylus
- Storage: 128GB SSD (256GB SSD optional)
- RAM: 8 GB
- Weight: 1.2 LB
- Thickness: 0.7”
Toshiba announced the Tecra W50, a new 4k mobile workstation that offers ultra HD screen resolution perfect for engineers and 3D graphic professionals. Here’s some preliminary specs for the Tecra W50:
- Processor: 4th generation Intel Core
- GPU: NVIDIA Quadro K2100M with 2GB dedicated memory
- 15.6” 4K Ultra-HD display (3840 x 2160), 282 PPI, color calibrated
Lenovo now has an 8-inch MIIX 2 model available but in recognizing that one design doesn’t fit all, they are announcing 10-inch and 11-inch MIIX 2 models today. The MIIX 2 has the ability to connect to a unique detachable keyboard from Lenovo to be used in “Laptop Mode”. However, you can use it only as a tablet whenever you need to or use it in “Stand Mode” to watch movies or view photos.
The 10-inch MIIX 2 focuses on mobility:
- Weighs only 1.3 lbs. at 0.36-inches thick.
- New 64-bit enabled quad-core Intel Atom processor 1.
- HD 1920×1200 10-point touchscreen display, Wi-Fi (and optional 3G).
- JBL surround speakers for great sounding audio.
- Up to 128GB of eMMC storage and a microSD slot for adding up to 32GB of storage.
- The 10-inch MIIX 2 also comes with a 720p high resolution 2 megapixel front and 5 megapixel rear cameras.
- Boasts an all day battery life.
These are just a few of the Windows devices being launched in 2014. Check out the Windows Blog for all the juicy details for what is coming next.